Krix Acoustix Mk2 Bookshelf Speakers
Indulge in concert quality music or a stunning home theatre experience. Proud winners of the 2015 Sound+Image Loudspeaker of the Year in the $1000 – $4000 category, the Acoustix Mk2 delivers a seriously big sound for a bookshelf speaker. Mid-range and bass are delivered by dual 130mm high grade drivers with a doped curvilinear paper cone, high sensitivity voice coil and powerful magnet design, providing a powerful bass normally only found in larger floor standing speakers. Highs come from a 26mm ring radiator tweeter with central waveguide for improved intelligibility and transparency.
Their big sound can be the basis of a high quality 2 channel stereo system or be used in multi-channel surround sound. Combine them with the matching Krix Graphix Mk2 centre speaker and you have the front stage of an acoustically intricate home theatre experience. Its dual front vent design allows you to mount them on stands, place them in bookshelves, on a TV cabinet, or incorporate them into custom joinery. Wherever you put them in your room, they will look and sound great. For the ultimate sound experience at home, play it through Krix.
- Frequency Range: 45Hz-40kHz in room response
- Power Handling: 20 – 160 Watts RMS recommended amplifier power
- Sensitivity: 89dB for 2.83 volts at 1 metre
- Impedance: Nominally 6 Ohms (minimum 4.3 Ohms)
- Configuration: D-Appolito, 2-way
- Enclosure Type: Bass reflex, front vented
- Dimensions: 450mm high x 180mm wide x 300mm deep
- Low Frequency Drivers: Fibre reinforced moulded polymer baskets with 2 x nominal 130mm (5?) doped paper cones. 25mm (1?) voice coil wound on high powered aluminium former, with vented magnet assembly
- High Frequency Driver: 26mm (1?) dual concentric diaphragm with wave guide centre plug for controlled directivity. Neodymium magnet
- Input Terminals: Gold plated binding posts
- Weight: 10kg each