Krix Equinox Mk4 Bookshelf Speakers
For a big sound from a small speaker, the Equinox Mk4 will astonish and surprise. With finesse and power punching well above its weight, it can be tucked-away while still filling the room with sound. Deceptively compact, the Equinox Mk4 are ideal for 2 channel hi-fi – allowing you to play your favorite records, CD’s or digital files with clarity – but can also be used on stands as side or rear surround speakers in a Krix home theatre.
The mid-range and bass come from a high grade 130mm driver with a doped curvilinear paper cone, over-sized voice coil, and powerful magnet, while extended frequency response is delivered through a 26mm ring radiator tweeter. Combined with its bass reflex design, the result is an efficient but balanced bass sound with a revealing, detailed high end, performing well beyond the relatively small cabinet size of the speaker. For the ultimate sound experience at home, play it through Krix.
- Frequency Range: 45Hz-40kHz in room response
- Power Handling: 20 – 120 Watts RMS recommended amplifier power
- Sensitivity: 88dB for 2.83 volts at 1 metre
- Impedance: Nominally 6 Ohms (minimum 3.6 Ohms)
- Configuration: 2-way
- Enclosure Type: Bass reflex, rear vented
- Dimensions: 295mm high x 175mm wide x 235mm deep
- Low Frequency Driver: Cast aluminium basket with a nominal 130mm (5″) doped curvilinear paper cone. 30mm (1.2″) vented magnet voice coil wound on high temperature kapton former, with copper shorting ring
- High Frequency Driver: 26mm (1″) dual concentric diaphragm with wave-guide centre plug for controlled directivity. Non-reflective dual chambered magnet structure with copper shorting ring to lower distortion
- Input Terminals: Gold plated binding posts
- Weight: 6kg each