Krix Helix In-Ceiling Speakers
Enjoy music inside and out with the Helix, our most versatile speaker yet. Stream your favourite tracks to your alfresco area while enjoying drinks with friends, or relax to chill-out remixes while indulging in a hot bath. Featuring weather resistant materials and a rust resistant, stainless steel grille, the semi-enclosed construction measures a minimal 86mm mounting depth, meaning it can fit in places many speakers won’t. While the small depth ensures eaves and shallow roof cavities won’t be a problem, the Helix can also be used in entertainment areas like dining or family rooms where background music or surround effects are required.
Delivered by a large 150mm bass driver with oversized magnet, and 20mm dome tweeter, the dual concentric configuration guarantees uniform sound coverage in all directions. Whatever size and type of ceiling cavity or eave, the Helix’s semi-enclosed back box not only ensures consistent and extended bass, it protects against dust and debris. The ‘twist and lock’ mounting system with fixed grille allows for easy installation. Simply cut out the hole, connect the speaker cables and then twist into place. Complete with a five-year warranty, you can enjoy the music or movies you love, indoors or out, without compromising on sound quality. For the ultimate sound experience at home, play it through Krix.
- Frequency Range: 45Hz-20kHz in room response
- Power Handling: 10 – 120 Watts RMS recommended amplifier power
- Sensitivity: 86dB for 2.83 volts at 1 metre
- Impedance: Nominally 8 Ohms (minimum 6 Ohms)
- Configuration: Dual concentric 2-way
- Enclosure Type: Semi-enclosed, infinite baffle
- Dimensions: 180mm diameter x 86mm mounting depth
- Low Frequency Driver: 150mm (6”) curvilinear polypropylene driver, 38mm (1½”) voice coil wound on high temperature Kapton former
- High Frequency Driver: 20mm (¾”) dome, coaxially mounted
- Input Terminals: Spring terminals
- Cut-out Diameter: 164mm recommended
- Ceiling Material Thickness: 3-18mm recommended
- Weight: 2kg each