Krix Vortex Mk2 Centre Channel Speaker
With a design based on the highly successful Harmonix Mk2, the Vortex Mk2 delivers vocal clarity, midrange depth and a dynamic bass response. The vertical arrangement of the tweeter and midrange drivers eliminates phasing problems if seated off-axis, ensuring even sound distribution so that every seat in the room is a good one. The drivers are identical to the Krix floorstanding Harmonix Mk2 main speakers, providing perfect timbral matching, delivering a full soundstage that is seamless in its transition from left to right.
Big, dual 165mm bass drivers come with heavy-duty voice coils, wound on high-powered aluminium formers, while the 130mm midrange driver has an oversized magnet for lower distortion. The 26mm high frequency driver, with its wave-guide plug, also ensures controlled directivity. The sonic strength of the Vortex Mk2 will provide your system with the ultimate in realism, ensuring your home theatre comes alive! For the ultimate sound experience at home, play it through Krix.
- Frequency Range: 35Hz-40kHz in room response
- Power Handling: 50 – 250 Watts RMS recommended amplifier power
- Sensitivity: 91dB for 2.83 volts at 1 metre
- Impedance: Nominally 6 Ohms (minimum 3 Ohms)
- Configuration: 3-way
- Enclosure Type: Dual chambers – sealed midrange chamber with bass reflex main chamber. Front vented with internal and external flaring
- Dimensions: 230mm high x 725mm wide x 370mm deep
- Low Frequency Drivers: 2 x nominal 165mm (6½”) laminated polypropylene cones. 33mm (1¼”) voice coil wound on high powered aluminium former, with ventilated spider and aluminium flux stabilization ring for low distortion
- Mid Frequency Driver: 1 x nominal 130mm (5″) coated paper cone. 26mm (1″) voice coil wound on high powered aluminium former, using copper shorting ring and oversized magnet for lower distortion
- High Frequency Driver: 25mm (1″) dual concentric diaphragm with wave-guide centre plug for controlled directivity. Non-reflective dual chambered magnet structure with copper shorting ring to lower distortion
- Input Terminals: Dual gold plated bi-wire binding posts (bi-wireable, bi-ampable)
- Weight: 24kg each