NAD C399 - BluOS Streaming Integrated Amplifier
Trickled down from NAD’s Masters Series, the C 399’s HybridDigital nCore amplifier can deliver 180 Watts per channel continuous power, and 250 Watts per channel instantaneous power. Highly efficient and remarkably powerful, the HybridDigital nCore amplifier can produce musical transients effortlessly. The design is renowned for its wide bandwidth, flat frequency response, clean clipping behaviour with instant recovery, high current capability, and stability into demanding low-impedance speaker loads. Noise and distortion are vanishingly low under all operating conditions. The minute levels of harmonic distortion are dominated by sonically benign second and third harmonics. The Hypex nCore design enables the C 399 to produce neutral, distortion-free sound even at very high listening levels, with exquisite detail, superb portrayal of space, and thrilling dynamics.
Also trickled down from the Masters Series is the ESS Sabre 9028 high-resolution DAC, a design noted for near-zero levels of clock jitter, ultra-low noise and distortion, and wide dynamic range. This premium DAC enables the C 399 to reproduce all your digital sources with amazing musicality, stunning clarity, and precise soundstaging.
In 2007, NAD introduced Modular Design Construction, an innovative architecture for adding new functions to existing components. Many NAD products have rear-panel slots for MDC modules that perform HDMI switching, BluOS multi-room music streaming, Dolby Atmos surround processing, and other functions. The C 399 is the first product to feature NAD’s new MDC2 architecture. By enabling two-way communications between the module and component, MDC2 opens up the future for new upgrades. Equipped with Wi-Fi and Ethernet, the optional MDC2 BluOS-D module lets listeners play music from their favourite streaming services through the C 399, using the acclaimed BluOS Controller app for Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. Like all BluOS-enabled products, the MDC2 BluOS-D has integrated support for dozens of streaming services; and supports Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, and Tidal Connect. Two-way communications also enable the MDC2 BluOS-D to stream music from sources connected to the C 399 to BluOS-enabled components in other rooms. The Dirac Live function lets you measure your room’s acoustics using a supplied microphone and intuitive app, and then upload correction curves to the MDC2 BluOS-D. By compensating for acoustic anomalies in your listening environment, Dirac Live dramatically improves bass clarity, imaging, and timbral accuracy. Thanks to its two-way architecture, the MDC2 BluOS-D performs room correction for all sources connected to your C 399.
Nad C399 BluOS Hi-Res Streaming
Use the Free App BluOS App (by Bluesound) to control your music playback on a wide range of computer devices including; Desktop Computers, Tablets and Smartphones. The BluOS is available for Apple (iOS iPad, iPhone & OSX Apple Mac), Google (Android) and Mircosoft (Windows 7,8 &10). BluOS enabled your devices inputs to play music from: Network shares, Mobile devices, Bluetooth 5.0 HD (aptX), Apple Airplay 2, USB, Streaming services, Internet radio, Podcasts and more.
Listen from Streaming Services
- Streaming services: Spotify (Connect), Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer , Qobuz, HighResAudio, Murfie, Napster, KKBox, Bugs, Nugs, Slacker, Wimp, Taihe Music ZONE, SoundMachine and more.
- Audio File Formats: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, ALAC, OPUS. Hi-Res Formats: FLAC, MQA, WAV, AIFF.
- Internet Radio: TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio, Radio Paradise, CALM Radio.
BluOS Multiroom Expansion
The BluOS controller is able to wirelessly connect and stream to multiple BluOS enabled players all over your home. Create an intuitive multi-room music system for your home and enjoy Hi-res music, internet radio, podcasts and more synced throughout your home.
Click here to find other BluOS compatible devices
Dirac Live Function
The Dirac Live function lets you measure your room’s acoustics using a supplied microphone and intuitive app, and then upload correction curves to the MDC2 BluOS-D. By compensating for acoustic anomalies in your listening environment, Dirac Live dramatically improves bass clarity, imaging, and timbral accuracy. Thanks to its two-way architecture, the MDC2 BluOS-D performs room correction for all sources connected to your C 399.
ESS Sabre 9028 Digital To Analogue Convertor
ESS Sabre 9028 high-resolution DAC, a design noted for near-zero levels of clock jitter, ultra-low noise and distortion, and wide dynamic range. This premium DAC enables the C 399 to reproduce all your digital sources with amazing musicality, stunning clarity, and precise soundstaging.
NAD C399 - Hybrid Digital Advanced Amplification
Gone are the old-fashioned power-hungry linear power supplies and Class AB output stages, which waste nearly half of the energy consumed producing heat rather than sound. Instead, NAD have developed new circuits based on switch mode power supplies and a customised version of the high-end Hypex UcD output stage.
New Advanced Hybrid Digital Amplification
NAD's advanced work in Hypex UcD has created some of the best sounding and performing amplifiers regardless of basic design principle. These new designs are very linear over a wide bandwidth, ultra transparent with extremely low noise and distortion. They also have plenty of power and performance that is consistent into all speaker loads.
Enjoy Headphone Performance
Included in the NAD C399 BluOS is a separate low output impedance headphone amplifier with very high output voltage capability, this gives you plenty of drive for Studio & Head-Fi high impedance headphones.
Built In Head Phone Amplifier
Enjoy Your LP Records
The Nad C399 BluOS also includes a Moving Magnet Phono stage with RIAA equalisation, high overload margins, low noise, and an innovative circuit that suppresses the infrasonic noise that is present on all LP Records.
Built in Moving Magnet Phono-stage (Also Available MDC Moving Coil Phono Module)
Connect instantly to the C 399 BluOS using apt-X Bluetooth 5.0 and stream music wirelessly from your smart devices. The C399 BluOS uses a high performance digital circuit so the C 399's Bluetooth sounds much better than a normal Bluetooth device. You can also pipe sound using Bluetooth to headphones or speakers
Built In Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX.
This flexible, powerful amplifier is as sophisticated as it is compelling
MDC BluOS Features
- Play 24/192 music from your home network, wired or wirelessly.
- Stream from a wide range of online music services.
- Use BluOS Controller app to easily access all your music, and control multi-room playback of other BluOS products.
- Supports MQA decoding
- Free apps for Android, iOS, Apple Watch, Kindle Fire, Windows, OSX
- Inputs: 2 x USB-A, Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- Includes: external USB Wi-Fi dongle, USB extender, BT antenna.
NAD C-399 Key Features (With BluOS)
- Control your music playback on Apple, Google and Mircosoft devices.
- Connect to other BluOS enabled devices to provide multi-room and multi-zone features.
- Play music from: network shares, Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX, mobile devices, USB, cloud services, internet radio
- Play audio file formats: FLAC, MQA, WAV, AIFF, MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, ALAC, OPUS
- Use streaming services: Spotify, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, Deezer , Qobuz, HighResAudio (VAULT Required), Napster, KKBox, Bugs, Taihe Music ZONE, SoundMachine, IDAGIO, OraStream.
- Use Cloud radio: TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio, Calm Radio, Radio Paradise, LiveXLive, Radio.com.
- Jitter-free 32-bit/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC
- Modular Design Construction (MDC slots) for future upgrades.
- Bluetooth to headphones or speakers.
- Custom Control: IR in & out, 12v trigger in & out, RS-232.
- Custom Certified: Control 4, Crestron, RTI, URC, AMX, Savant, Elan.
- Inbuilt Bass Equalisation.
- Phono-stage input for connection of turntables.
- IR remote control
- Detachable IEC power cord
This flexible, powerful amplifier is as sophisticated as it is compelling
NAD C-399 Connectivity
- 2 way bluetooth (I/O)
- 2x MDC2 Ports for expanded functionality
- 1x moving magnet phono-input with precisely accurate RIAA equalisation
- 2x coaxial digital
- 2x optical digital
- 1x USB-A input (24/192). 2x Speakers outputs (A+B outputs)
- 2x Line outputs (subwoofer or pre out)
- 1x Headphone output (6.3mm)
NAD C399 BluOS Specifications
- Continuous Power: 180 Watts per channel into 8/4 ohms
- Instantaneous Power: 250 Watts per channel
- Damping Factor: 200
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 110 x 435 x 390mm
- Weight: 9.1kg
- Finish: Black