NAD C 427 Stereo AM FM Tuner
There’s nothing worse than bad reception when it comes to listening to radio. The harsh crackling sound of static can ruin the most sophisticated of systems, ultimately turning listeners away from the nearly 100-year-old medium. Thankfully, NAD has created a solution that will adequately deliver quality reception. With 40 presets available to program your favourite radio stations, the C 427 makes listening to the radio both smooth and enjoyable. When scanning through different stations, the C 427’s Auto Search will automatically stop at the strongest radio signal it encounters; the FM Mute feature removes inter-station noise, allowing only the strongest and clearest stations to come through. While keeping track of what stations you’ve programmed can be tricky, the C 427 actually stores all preset information, even when unplugged. With great reception and ease of use, the C 427 heightens all the things that make radio great, resulting in a gratifying experience.
Broadcast Quality Reception
FM remains one of the most reliable and best sounding mediums for hassle-free music listening. NAD’s C 427 builds on the strengths of previous NAD tuners by offering a quality of reception that is as good as the quality of today’s broadcasts. We have carried forward our highly sensitive RF Front End for cleaner reception in fringe areas, plus noise is extremely low across the audio spectrum. In line with NAD’s environmental policy, we have completely redesigned the power supply for improved efficiency and ultra-low power consumption during standby while still allowing all remote activation and control interfaces. The rear panel IR Input, and RS-232 port, allow the C 427 to be easily integrated with sophisticated system controllers used in custom installation. We also have one of the most intuitive user interfaces in the market utilising a 24-position rotary encoder knob to more quickly tune stations or select preset stations. All functions are available via the included IR Remote Control.
Loads of Presets
With 40 presets available you can store all your favourite radio stations. These presets can be any combination of AM and FM stations. To avoid having to scroll through 40 presets, the C 427 skips any that have not been programmed (left empty), so you can quickly access all your favourite stations.
Instead of littering the front panel with buttons and features that are hardly ever used, the C 427 concentrates on convenience in daily operation. The RDS limits itself to the RDS PS and RT function, both of which enhance ease of operation. The RDS PS (Program Service) will automatically indicate the name of the radio station on the display, e.g., BBC R1, so you will always know exactly what station you are listening to. With its four-line graphic display, you always see all the available information. Preset information is stored in the C 427’s non-volatile memory, which means it will remember all of its preset information even if the unit has been unplugged.
Auto Search automatically stops at the next strong radio signal it comes across and optimises tuning. Weaker radio stations can be tuned into manually. Stations that are quiet in Mono but noisy in Stereo can benefit from the “Blend” feature that narrows stereo separation and lowers noise. FM Mute eliminates inter-station tuning noise and only allows strong and clear stations to emerge from the silent background. Although AM can never reach the quality of any FM transmission, the C 427’s AM section retains excellent clarity together with the lowest possible background noise.
The NAD C 427 also offers features to get the maximum out of the airwaves. The MOS-FET RF Front End design together with high quality components and careful PCB layout guarantees excellent sensitivity with low intermodulation distortion to provide a quiet and musically satisfying performance.
Whether you are looking for excellent performance, ease of use or the convenience of RDS, the C 427 offers all these with the value to high performance ratio for which NAD is so renowned.
- Strong reception pickup
- FM Mute to remove inter-station noise
- 40 Station random presets (AM or FM)
- Auto Search for easy, quality listening
- RDS PS (Station name) and RT (Radio text)
- VFL graphic display
- IR input & RS-232 interface
- <0.5W Standby power consumption
- Usable Sensitivity (98MHz): 10dBμV
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 65dB (60dBμV IHF-WTD Mono), 60dB (60dBμV IHF-WTD Stereo)
- Frequency Response (±1.5dB): 20Hz – 15kHz (60dBμV)
- Channel Separation (60dBμV): 30Hz: 33dB, 1kHz: 40dB, 10kHz: 32dB
- Capture Ratio (40dBμV): 3dB
- AM Suppression: 50dB (60dBμV, 100% Mod. FM, 30% Mod. AM)
- Image Rejection (119.4MHz): 70dB
- I.F. Rejection (10.7MHz): 70dB
- Pilot Suppression (60dBμV): 60dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Mono: 0.4%, Stereo: 0.8%
- Auto Search Sensitivity: 24dBμV
- RDS Decode Sensitivity: 26dBμV
- AM TUNER SECTION
- Usable Sensitivity (999/1000kHz): 55dBμV
- Signal/Noise Ratio (5mV in): 42dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (5mV in): 1.5%
- IF Rejection (450kHz): 40dB
- Image Rejection (F+2xIF): 28dB
- Selectivity: 20dB
- Loop Sensitivity (20dB S/N): 999/1000Hz: 66dB, 603/300Hz: 66dB, 1404/1400Hz: 66dB
- Frequency Response: 100Hz – 2.3kHz (5mV, ±6dB)
- Standby Power: <0.5W
- Unit Dimension (WxHxD): 435 x 99 x 315mm
- Net Weight: 4.6kg
- Shipping weight: 5.4kg