High-Frequency Drive Units
Like all Paradigm Reference high-frequency drivers, Millenia drivers exhibit breath- taking timbral clarity and a transparency that is comparable to the very best electrostatic or ribbon designs. Exceptionally smooth, vividly detailed and free of any spurious resonances, their performance is simply unmatched in high-end lifestyle design.
- S-PAL Satin-Anodised Pure-Aluminium Domes: Deep-Anodised for exceptional rigidity and paired with a low-mass treated textile suspension. Highs are spacious, clear, silky smooth and exceptionally well extended.
- Rigid High-Pressure Die-Cast Aluminium Chassis:Eliminate mechanical flexing and ringing and effectively dissipate heat—a tweeter’s foremost adversary.
- Critical Coupling of Phase-Alignment Bridge and Elevated Dome: Extremely flat frequency response with optimal off-axis dispersion.
- Dual Magnets and Advanced Motor Structures: Computer-Optimised using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), a highly advanced tool for component design that helps us model a structure with an intense magnetic field force in the gap. Power handling and output linearity are superb under all conditions.
- High-Power Apical Formers: High-power, high-temperature voice coils and ventilated Apical formers ensure high-power handling, low distortion and long-term reliability.
Midrange and Bass Drive Units
Our ears are particularly attuned to lower treble and midrange frequencies— we instinctively recognise sound anomalies, deviations from what is ‘natural.’ Paradigm engineers know this and in their exhaustive testing, re-testing, listening and learning they have developed drivers that have no equal in the high-end lifestyle speaker category.
- MLPTM Mica-Loaded-Polymer Midrange and Bass/Midrange Cones: High stiffness-to-mass ratio of polypropylene and the exceptional damping properties of the injected mica ensure performance that is accurate, lifelike, wonderfully detailed and critically revealing.
- HTDTM Heat Transfer and Dissipation System—Our Proprietary Design: High-pressure die-cast aluminium chassis cradles the entire neodymium magnet structure. The resulting increase in surface area provides for exceptional heat transfer and dissipation. Exterior heatsink fins reinforce the cooling and dissipation process.
- Solid-Aluminium Phase Plugs: Not only do they look good, they maintain linear response and play an important role in improving airflow for significant gains in heat dissipation.
- Over designed Nitrile-Butadiene Rubber (NBR)Surrounds and Nomex Spiders: NBR is known for its excellent damping properties and reliability (particularly under extreme conditions). The Nomex polyamide spider helps promote extended, very linear excursion and ultra-low distortion.
- Precision-Engineered Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Bass Cones: The injection of mineral into the polypropylene ensures a high stiffness-to- mass ratio and excellent internal damping. The result is high output with minimal distortion and excellent extension—free of cone standing waves and micro distortions.
- Oversize Magnet Assemblies with Symmetrical Focused FieldGeometry: Low distortion and unparalleled linearity even under extreme conditions.
- Advanced Motor Structures: Lightweight high-temperature copper-clad aluminium-wire voice coils. A rigid, low-mass design wound on vented Kapton® polyamide formers. Excellent linear response regardless of cone excursion.
- Design: 6-driver, 2-1/2-way bass reflex, floorstanding Design
- Crossovers: 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 2.0 kHz; 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 200 Hz (bass drivers)
- High-Frequency: Driver 25-mm (1 in) S-PAL dome, ferro-fluid damped / cooled, die-cast chassis
- Bass / Midrange Drivers Two 140-mm (5-1/2 in) MLP cones, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) dual-layer voice-coils, HTD system die-cast heatsink chassis
- Bass Drivers: Three 140-mm (5-1/2 in) mineral-filled polypropylene cones, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) dual-layer voice-coils, HTD system die-cast heatsink chassis
- Low-Frequency Extension: 54 Hz (DIN)
- Frequency Response: +/-2 dB from 87 Hz – 20 kHz (On-Axis), +/-2 dB from 87 Hz – 18 kHz (30 degrees Off-Axis)
- Sensitivity – Room / Anechoic 94 dB / 91 dB
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range 15 – 200 watts
- Maximum Input Power† 150 watts
- Impedance Compatible with 8 ohms
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 133.3 x 15.1 x 17.5 cm (height includes bass / spikes / cones)
- Glass Base (WxD): 25.4 x 24.1
- Weight (unpacked): 13 kg