Rega Brio 2017 Details
Brand new case design.
The sleek and minimal look was designed to bring elegance to Rega’s classic style but still harks back to the swooped features hidden away in Rega’s past amplifiers. Combining all these aspects makes this Brio case a unique standpoint amongst the competition.
Key improvements have been made to the circuits. The PCB layout has been fully upgraded to handle higher specifications for all critical parts. A second raw power supply has been added to provide further isolation between output stage and the driver stage/line and phono amplifiers. This improves the isolation between high and low level signal stages of the amplifier. Higher specification MUSES operational amplifiers have been used in the line and phono amplifier.
For convenience, the Brio has the capability to drive standard hi-fi headphones from the internal amplifier. Adding a headphone socket was only possible by finding a way to reduce its impact on the main signal path so it doesn’t disrupt the overall sound quality. We have paid special attention to the switch that deactivates the main speakers.
Input sensitivities for rated output level:
- Input 1 (phono) input sensitivity = 2.1mV at 47KΩ in parallel with 220pF.
- Maximum Input 1 (phono) input level = 100mV
- Input 2-5 (line) input sensitivity = 210mV at 47kΩ
- Maximum input 2-5 (line) input level = 10.25V
Power outputs at 230/115V supply voltage:
- 50 Watts RMS both channels driven into the rated load of 8Ω
- 58 Watts RMS one channel driven into the rated load of 8Ω
- 73 Watts RMS both channels driven into the rated load of 4Ω
- 93 Watts RMS one channel driven into the rated load of 4Ω
Continued high level use into 4Ω may cause the case to exceed 40° C above the ambient temperature.
- No load = 8V
- 32Ω = 1.8V
- 54Ω = 2.6V
- 300Ω = 5.9V
- Source impedance = 109Ω
195 Watts at 230V/220V/115V/100V into the rated load of 8Ω
Record output level:
- Record output level (with rated input levels) = 210Mv.
- Record output impedance = 470Ω
- Phono 15Hz to 40KHz (-3dB Points) / 27Hz to 20.5KHz (-1dB Points)
- RIAA accuracy (100Hz to 10KHz) ± 0.4dB typically better than ± 0.3dB
- Line 12Hz (-1dB points) to 43KHz (-3dB points)
Remote control batteries included: 2 x AAA Alkaline.
Fuse ratings: T2AL 250V – 230V/50Hz and 220V/60Hz, T3.15AL 250V – 115V/60Hz and 100V 50/60Hz
Dimensions: 345mm (D) -inc volume control x 216mm (W) x 78mm (H)