“The Rega Io is a great little amplifier, it packs a punch that you don’t get from the far more highly featured competition that exists on the market and delivers music that you just want to keep playing”
- Jason Kennedy
Editor The Ear.
Rega IO Details
The io uses the same power amplifier and phono stage as its larger brother, the multi-award winning Brio. The io aims to deliver exceptional sound quality in a smaller and more cost effective package. The class A/B circuit shares its DNA with the rest of Rega’s amplifiers, and as usual, great care has been taken in component selection. Sanken output transistors and an Alps volume potentiometer and a linear power supply that enables an output of 30 watts per channel into 8 ohms.
Two line level inputs and a high quality moving magnet phono input are available as sources. There is a headphone output provided on the front of the unit for powering standard hi-fi headphones; this is driven from the power amplifier stage of the unit through relays to avoid signal degradation when headphones are inserted or the product is muted. A new remote handset is included as well.
- Power outputs at 230/115 V supply voltage: 30 W RMS both channels driven into the rated load of 8 Ω
- Input 1 (Phono) input sensitivity: 2.1 mV @ 47 kΩ in parallel with 220 pF
- Maximum input 1 (Phono) input level: 100 mV
- Input 2-3 (Line) input sensitivity: 210 mV @ 47 kΩ
- Maximum input 2-3 (Line) input level: 10.25 V
- Headphone output: No load 8 V, 32 Ω 1.6 V, 54 Ω 2.4 V, 300 Ω 5.7 V, Source impedance: 109 Ω
- Power consumption: 135 W @ 230 V / 220 V / 115 V / 100 V into the rated load of 8 Ω
- Frequency response: Phono: 15 Hz to 40 kHz (-3 dB points) / 27 Hz to 20.5 kHz (-1 dB points), RIAA accuracy: (100Hz to 10 kHz) ±0.4 dB typically better than ±0.3 dB, Line: 12 Hz (-1 dB points) to 43 kHz (-3 dB points)
- Remote control: Batteries included –2 x AAA Alkaline.
- Fuse ratings: T1.6 AL 250 V: 230 V / 50Hz and 220 V / 60 Hz, T3.15 AL 250 V: 115 V / 60 Hz and 100 V / 50/60 Hz
- Weight: 2.9Kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H) in mm: 180 x 290 x 68