Proper Reproduction under all cicumstances
While word lengths and sampling speed may seem excessive for CDs delivering data at far lower rates, this high speed facility adds reserve capability to ensure proper reproduction under all circumstances. As the most crucial link between a CD's digital data and the analog world in which we listen, this converter boasts significant attributes in addition to its superb high resolution capabilities.
Wolfson digital filter
The RCD-1572 elevates performance by utilising a purpose designed and built CD mechanism along with other circuit refinements. One of the RCD-1572’s most important features is the Wolfson WM8740 digital filter/stereo digital-to-analog converter. Originally developed for high resolution sources, it is the product of extensive research and real world testing and processes digital signals up to 24-bits in length at sampling rates from 8 kHz to 192 kHz.
The post-converter analog circuitry benefits from Rotel’s decades-long experiences in crafting the finest sounding pathway from the DAC’s internal output to RCA and XLR rear panel connectors that bridge the gap between the RCD-1572 and down-stream components. All circuit components – resistors, capacitors, inductors – are chosen only after their positive contribution to sound quality were quantified and verified qualitatively by extensive listening sessions.
Circuits that matter
All of these circuits draw on a power supply based on an oversized custom Rotel-designed and precision-manufactured toroidal power transformer that, in turn, feeds precise rectifiers, tight-tolerance voltage regulators, and advanced Slit-Foil low-ESR storage capacitors, all globally sourced to ensure musically accurate operation under even the most demanding conditions.
Long Proven Design Concept
This is all part of Rotel's long-proven Balanced Design Concept. It's yet another way of assuring you that the RCD-1572 evidences a level of attention that will make it part of your reference-level music system for years to come.
Rotel RCD-1572 Specifications
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: 0.002% @ 1kHz
- Frequency Response: (±0.5db) 20Hz – 20kHz (± 0.5dB)
- Channel Balance: ± 0.5 dB
- Channel Seperation: > 115 dB @ 10kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio (A-weighted): > 118 dB
- Dynamic Range: > 99 dB
- Digital to Analog Converter: Wolfson 192kHz 24bit DAC
- Analogue Output Level / Impedance (RCA): 2.2V / 100 ohms
- Analogue Output Level / Impedance (XLR): 4.4V / 200 ohms
- Digital Output: 0.5V, peak to peak
- Load Impedance: 75 ohms
- Power Requirements (AC): 120V, 60Hz (USA) / 230V, 50 Hz (EC)
- Power Consumption: 15 watts
- Standby Power Consumption: < 0.5 Watts
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 431 x 104 x 320 mm
- Panel Height: 2U / 88.1 mm
- Weight: 6.7 kg
- Finish: Silver or Black