About the Thorens TP 92 Tonearm
The TP 92 tonearm, which was specially designed for Thorens turntables, uses an ultra-low-friction bearing and an innovative magnetic anti-bias system with zero stiction. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using RMR (Reduced Modal Resonance) technology. The brass counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled, and the tonearm is so designed that its centre of gravity is level with the stylus.
- Operation: manual
- Drive System: belt-drive (flat belt around sub-platter)
- Motor: servo-controlled DC motor
- Speeds: 33-1/3, 45 rpm
- Speed Change: Electronic
- Platter: 12î / 2.3 kg (glass)
- Tonearm: THORENS TP 92
- Anti-skating (Bias): by magnet
- Power Supply: external plug-in power supply, 12 V DC/AC, 6 W min.
- Dimensions: 470 x 125 x 430 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 6.5 kg
- Finish: MDF plinth with lacquer white (high gloss)