About AES-EBU 110 Ohm
The AES-EBU committee has set the characteristic impedance for professional balanced digital signal transmission at 110 Ohm. World-wide this typical value is accepted as the standard impedance for professional balanced digital audio transfer. To meet this requirement, since 1990 van den Hul has been designing high quality balanced 110 Ohm interface cables. The AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional cable is a result of this development and provides a superior digital signal transmission quality.
The AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional’s internal balanced construction contains two solid core centre conductors each consisting of a 0.75 mm solid core lead, made of high purity matched crystal Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) with high purity dense silver coating.
- Stable and precise 110 Ohm transmission line impedance.
- High frequency bandwidth as well as minimal signal attenuation.
- High shielding factor against interference due to external electromagnetic fields.
- The capacitance between both leads is very low: 47 pF/m.
- High quality materials to aid in the prevention of deterioration brought about by external factors, like polluted air or mechanical causes.
- Quadruple shielding that provides supreme immunity against radio frequency and other electromagnetic interference, allowing trouble-free use of large lengths.
- Accurate data transmission and low-jitter clock recovery, the AES-EBU 110 Ohm Professional also features a very high frequency bandwidth (-3 dB bandwidth of a 10 m. run well exceeds 300 MHz).