I was awed ... absolutely superb ... BIG, BOLD, VIBRANT SOUND ... a masterpiece of modern day speaker design ... Paradigm has built its decades old reputation on delivering sound that many manufacturers can’t match even at multiples of the price.
Paradigm Monitor Series ADP-390 v6
Paradigm Monitor Series
Audiophiles on a budget will like this iteration of affordable high-end Monitor Series. With SuperDrive technology these speakers offer exceptional efficiency and extraordinary power handling. For customers just entering the high-end market the Paradigm Monitor is an excellent place to start.
No Need to Give Up Fidelity to Get Loud!
Higher Efficiency + Higher Power Handling allow Monitor Series to compete directly with the efficiency and output of major brands of horn speakers. It’s still a difference you can hear … in non-level-matched a/b comparisons, the Monitor series speakers not only play as loud, their sound is authentically high-end!
Paradigm’s Monitor Series, with its proprietary SuperDrive technology, combines very high-efficiency with very high output and ultra-low distortion. Monitor speakers compete directly with the efficiency and output of major brands of horn speakers—they not only play as loud, their sound is authentically high-end. Even with moderately powered amplifiers, Monitor speakers deliver truly breathtaking performance. And in classic Paradigm tradition, unparalleled value too!
Superior Performance For Music and Home Theatre.
Monitor Series center channels are magnetically shielded. Monitor ADP surround/rear speakers use optimized radiation patterns to provide the superior wide bandwidth reverberant sound for which Paradigm ADP’s are renowned. Both are timbre-matched with all other Monitor Series speakers to ensure superior performance for music and home theater.
ADP Surround/Rear Speakers
Optimised Radiation Patterns
Paradigm ADP surround/rear speakers use optimised radiation patterns to provide the superior wide bandwidth reverberant sound for which Paradigm ADP’s are renowned. Both are timbre-matched with all other speakers in the same series to ensure superior performance for music and home theatre.
Sound Emanates From Different Sides
In a dipole speaker, drivers are mounted on both sides of the speaker, these drivers push air outward at the same time so that the sound emanates from different sides of the speaker. This helps to spreading the sound energy to create a wider field of sound for rear and/or surround effects.
ADP 390 v6 Specifications
- Design: 5-driver, 3-way surround / rear
- Crossover: 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 3.0 kHz; 2nd order electro-acoustics at 250 Hz (bass drivers)
- Frequency Response On-Axis: +/-2dB from 100 Hz – 20 kHz (reverberant soundfield)
- High Frequency Driver: Two 25-mm (1 in) H-PTDô domes, ferro-fluid cooled
- Midrange Frequency Driver: Two 115-mm (4-1/2 in) M-ICP cones, 25mm (1 in) voice coils, ferro-fluid cooled, GRIPô chassis
- Low Frequency Driver: 190-mm (7-1/2 in) carbon-infused polypropylene cone, 38-mm (1-1/2) voice coil, die-cast heatsink chassis
- Low Frequency Extension: 70 Hz (DIN)
- Sensitivity Room / Anechoic: 90 dB / 87 dB
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 – 175 watts
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 24.6 x 35.6 x 17.3cm
- Weight: 5.8 kg