Paradigm Rock Monitor 60
High Performance Stereo Outdoor Speakers
These high-performance single-speaker systems provide two channels of L/R sound outdoors. Their Dual-Directional Soundfield — two tweeters, each offset at a 30 degrees angle—and twin voice coil bass/midrange driver ensure extremely wide dispersion, a particularly important consideration outdoors where there are no walls or ceiling to contain sound. Rock Monitors are ideal in small outdoor areas less suited to a stereo pair of speakers or where a single speaker is preferred. In large, or unusually shaped areas, multiple rock speakers can be used to eliminate sound imbalances that occur with stereo sound as people move around or are seated closer to one speaker than the other.
“AUDIOPHILE QUALITY SOUND OUTDOORS, WHO KNEW? ... What impressed me was the musicality of the speakers, something I’d expect from a good pair of monitors on stands inside.”
Rock Monitor SM Enclosures
Weather, Water and UV-resistant
Unparalleled Outdoor Quality! PolyGlass Enclosures with Faux-Stone Finishes are fully sealed (no ports!) and highly damped. Stainless steel grilles and self-draining natural rock fissures. Weather, water and UV-resistant, even under adverse conditions.
Partnered with the NRC
Paradigm is partnered with Canada’s world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.
Rock Monitor 60 Specifications
- Crossovers: Two 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 3.0 kHz
- High-Frequency Drivers: Two 2nd-order electro-acoustic at 3.0 kHz
- Bass/Midrange Drivers: Dual voice-coil, 165-mm (6-1/2 in) ICPô cone, die-cast chassis
- Low-Frequency Extension: 44 Hz (DIN)
- Frequency Response: On-Axis +/-2 dB from 66 Hz ñ 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: 30 degree Off Axis +/-2 dB from 66 Hz ñ 18 kHz
- Sensitivity Outdoor: 89 dB (ground plane measurement)
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15ñ100w Mono, 15ñ55w /channel Stereo Input
- Maximum Input Power: 70 watts Mono; 35 watts/channel Stereo Input
- Impedance: Compatible with 4 ohms Mono; 8 ohms/channel Stereo Input
- Dimensions: (HxWxD): 31cm x 28.2cm x 27cm
- Weight (unpacked): 5.5 kg
- Available Finishes: North Western Dark Granite, Western Sandstone, Fieldstone