Mass-Loaded and Floating
The Xtension 10 incorporates all the quality attained from our 20 years of experience in turntable design. The Xtension 10 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal sand, with high mass and ultra-low resonance. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 22kg total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of ‘mass loaded’ and ‘floating turntable’ design principles.
10cc Evolution Tonearm
The Pro-Ject 10cc Evolution tonearm also benefits from ‘high-mass’ technologies, and is isolated from the main body of the turntable by a sheet of Sorbothane®. To use this tonearm with a wide range of top-quality phono cartridges, from 4 to 14g, the Xtension 10 comes with a set of 4 different Sorbothane®- damped counterweights.
Sophisticated Platter Design
Instead of a pure metal main platter, Project have developed a perfect alloy, damped on the inner side with a shock-absorbing polymer called Sorbothane®. Recycled vinyl records are glued to the top of this platter, forming the perfect mat for your own records. Finally, Project bake this ‘sandwich’ before precision balancing it. The final product is a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension.
- Super-heavy 22 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy record clamp
- Extremely low level of natural resonance
- Perfect decoupling through magnetic feet
- Electronic speed control 33/45/78 UPM
- Tonearm 10cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)