Pre-loved Soundwave Grand Soliloquy Series II Sound Speakers
Soundwave loud-speakers where made in Rochester NY USA and feature a unique “V” shaped cabinet design that is referred to as a Point Source loud-speaker design. The high frequency driver is located it the tip of “V” which is then directed at the listener. The remaining mid/bass drivers placed in a D’ Appolito configuration, which helps the horizontally and vertically imagining. This coaxial type speaker design was patented in the early 90s by engineer and musician Jim Gala.
- Make: Soundwave
- Model: Grand Soliloquy
- Type: High End Tower Speakers
- Manufactured: USA in Rochester, NY
- Year: from 1989-93
- Original price: RRP $5995 AUD (1993) calculated for inflation (2022) $12,500
- Design: Point Source loudspeakers. 5 -sided sealed enclosure with 8 -in polypropylene woofer. I -in polypropylene tweeter. Features enclosure filled with declining radius of open -cell textured -acoustic foam;
- Drivers: two 8″ woofers & two 1″ tweeters
- crossover point 2,000 Hz.
- Frequency Response: 29-21,000 Hz ±3 dB;
- Power handling: 50-300 W
- sensitivity 90 dB/W/m;
- nominal impedence 7 ohms;
- Condition: Excellent with boxes
- Dimensions 14 x 44 x 16 in;
- Weight: 85 lb
- Fully Tested.