oddly enough, they actually sound better when clothed, and quite frankly they make an exquisite benchmark against which to compare all other speakers I review going forward. When a speaker excels in one more more areas, it's easy enough to spotlight those
Paradigm Studio CC-590v4 Features
Gold-Anodised Pure-Aluminium Domes
G-PAL Gold-Anodised Pure-Aluminium Domes. Exceptionally rigid low-mass domes with treated textile suspensions ensure remarkably uniform and instantaneous power response. The elevated position of the dome provides better ‘air’ and frequency response that is smooth, pure and clear.
Satin-Anodised Pure-Aluminium Midrange and Bass / Midrange Cones
S-PAL Satin-Anodised Pure-Aluminium Midrange and Bass / Midrange Cones. Very high stiffness-to-mass ratio and outstanding internal damping. The result? Remarkable midrange clarity, superb extended bass response and freedom from unwanted resonances and distortions.
Isolation Mounting System
IMS/SHOCK-MOUNT Isolation Mounting System. This unique butyl-rubber driver fastening system found on all Studio Series drivers is a progressive system of critically placed isolation inserts and gaskets that decouple drivers from the speaker enclosure itself. This leading-edge ‘baffle-less’ technology reduces driver / enclosure interactions to inaudible levels..
Low-Noise Aluminium Ports
High-Velocity Low-Noise Aluminium Ports. Bass efficiency and minimum turbulence distortion for cleaner and more articulate bass response. Studio 10 features an elliptical port, a functional touch that allowed us to gain a little more and a little deeper bass response, in fact, far more than is typical in such a compact design.
Real Wood Veneer Finishes
Beautifully Sculpted Cabinets with Real Wood Veneer Finishes. Add a whole new dimension to the classic appeal of this series. Seven coats of the highest quality lacquer, hand-sanded between coats. Available in four luxurious real wood veneer finishes.
Paradigm Studio Series
Capture Essence Of The Original Performance.
Paradigm Reference Studio speakers set an all-new performance benchmark in high-end sound. Embracing Paradigm’s comprehensive resources and vast experience, they offer the highest standard of technological excellence, providing breathtaking musical reproduction that captures the very essence of the original performance.
Superior Performance For Music and Home Theatre.
While this stunning performance heightens the sheer enjoyment of music, it is equally important for the finest in home theater sound. Movie soundtracks are a complex mix of vocal dialogue, music and action effects. This combination requires a level of articulation and spatial representation that few movie theaters are capable of reproducing.
Paradigm Studio CC 590 v4 Specifications
- Design: 4-driver, 3-way centre channel, MagneShield
- Crossover: 3rd-order electro-acoustic at 2.4 kHz, 3rd-order electro-acoustic at 350 Hz (bass drivers)
- High Frequency Driver: 25-mm (1 in) G-PAL dome, die-cast heatsink chassis, ferro-fluid cooled, IMS / SHOCK-MOUNT
- Midrange Driver: 115-mm (4-1/2 in) S-PAL cone, 25-mm (1 in) voice coil, ferro-fluid cooled, AVS die-cast heatsink chassis, IMS / SHOCK-MOUNT
- Bass Driver: Two 178-mm (7 in) mineral-filled polypropylene cones, 38-mm (1-1/2 in) voice coil, AVS die-cast heatsink chassis, IMS / SHOCK-MOUNT
- Low Frequency Extension: 38 Hz (DIN)
- Frequency Response: On-Axis: +/-2 dB from 50 Hz – 20 kHz, Off-Axis: +/-2 dB from 50 Hz – 18 kHz
- Sensitivity – Room/Anechoic: 90 dB / 87 dB
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 – 180 watts
- Maximum Input Power: 150 watts
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Internal Volume: 29 L / 1.0 cu ft
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 24.0 cm x 67.3 cm x 33.0 cm
- Weight: 20.4 kg