Rega Planar 2 Key Features
- Tonearm: Brand new RB110 tonearm built with the new Rega designed, bespoke, ultra low friction bearings (Patent Pending). New bias assembly and integrated arm clip. Includes automatic bias adjustment negating the need for the user to set bias, making this the most ‘Plug & Play’ turntable Rega have ever manufactured. New ergonomically, re-designed and stiffer headshell for improved usability and appearance.
- Cartridge: Rega Carbon cartridge supplied fitted as standard.
- 24v synchronous motor: The first entry level Rega turntable to use a 24v, synchronous AC motor with a new motor PCB and aluminium pulley offering low noise and better speed stability.
- Plinth: Brand new Thermoset, gloss laminated plinth with vastly improved appearance and new ergonomically positioned on/off switch located on the underside. Two stunning plinth finishes available, gloss black and gloss white.
- Central Bearing housing: Re-designed brass main bearing, offering improved fit and removing stress on the bearing itself whilst minimising the transfer of potential energy. (Patent pending)
- Platter: Brand new, 10mm, higher mass, float glass “Optiwhite” platter with improved flywheel effect for increased speed stability.
- Re-Designed feet: New improved feet to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Motor cover tray: New motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
- Balance Weight: New 111g ‘Plug and Play’ balance weight.
- Plug and Play design, set-up in less than thirty seconds.
- Hand assembled RB110 tonearm.
- High quality, low vibration motor.
- Phenolic resin, flywheel effect platter.
- Factory fitted Carbon moving magnet cartridge.
- Dimensions (lid closed) H 11.7 x W 44.7 x D 36 cm
- Weight 4.2kg